[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]At Babyrix, we’re working hard to serve shoppers a little better every day. Looking after the personal data you share with us is a hugely important part of this. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
- We apply physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data;
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it;
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to keep this data safe;
- We only authorise access to employees and trusted partners who need it to carry out their responsibilities;
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security;
- We will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you; and
- We will reveal only the last four digits of your payment card number when confirming an order.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, it is important that you keep your login details and devices protected from unauthorised access.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. If we do this we ensure that your privacy rights are respected in line with this Policy.
How long we use personal data for
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need to, how long this is depends on several factors, including:
- Why we collected it in the first place;
- How old it is;
- Whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it;
- Whether we need it to protect you or us.
Sharing personal data with other organisations
This section explains how and why we share personal data with other organisations.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data or for the administration of justice;
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud);
- where we restructure, sell or transfer our business (or a part of it). For example in connection with a takeover or merger.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier, which are stored on your computer or mobile device so that your device can be recognised when you are using a particular website or mobile app. They can be used only for the duration of your visit or they can be used to measure how you interact with services and content over time. Cookies help to provide important features and functionality on our Websites and Mobile Apps, and to improve your customer experience.
When you consent to Cookies on our Services, these may be used to do the following:
Improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work
Cookies allow us to improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
Improve the performance of our Websites and Mobile Apps
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse.
These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising, including via social media
Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our Websites by organisations providing specialist services to us. These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our Websites and on other organisations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organisations on our Websites.
To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through Cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected, for example your use of Clubcard and in-store purchases.
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.